PTMA, the Irish Precision Turned Parts Manufacturing Association is an association of companies involved in manufacturing precision turned parts for a wide range of industries. Its principal aims are:
- the preservation and promotion of the economic interests of the members
- to maintain and develop the industry of turned parts in Ireland
- the promotion of vocational education and training
- the joint establishment and implementation of projects and institutions in the interest of the industry
- the promotion of friendly relations among its members.
To achieve these aims, the Association works closely with regional, national and international organizations.
Membership consists of three categories
- ordinary members comprising manufacturers of turned parts;
- technical members comprising of companies or enterprises supplying, oil, tooling, materials etc. to ordinary member companies
- associate members comprising individuals such as marketing agents, consultants or representatives from education or other relevant bodies.
Ireland hosted the Congress in 2001 and in 2018.